Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year! I always have grand plans on what I want to do. But what I want to do and what I can do are usually at odds, so I hunted for some simple ideas for decorating for Christmas. Dealing with a chronic illness, I like to try and make things as simple as possible. Here are 5 simple Christmas decorating ideas that you can try.
1. Use store bought stockings and glue embellishments on them such as ribbon, buttons, lace, etc. You could use a Michael’s or JoAnn Fabrics coupon. I know I have a ton of leftover ribbon, buttons and felt.
2. Punch a hole in your old Christmas cards and thread with pretty ribbon and hang on the tree or from a window. I have gotten some beautiful cards over the years from family, friends, and former preschool students. I didn’t want to get rid of them, but didn’t have room to store them either. I couldn’t enjoy them if they were put away in a drawer, but now everyone can enjoy them year after year!
3. If your tree is up against the wall don’t decorate the back of it. No one will see it! A great way to save money on decorations too!
4. Put pretty Christmas bulbs in vases in different sizes and display on a mantle. You could either go with the popular red and green theme or use purple, silver, and gold. This is so pretty!
5. Use presents as decorations! Empty boxes could be wrapped or boxes filled with gifts could be used, as long as you don’t have little ones or pets around to open them!
What is your favorite holiday? Do you have simple Christmas decorating ideas that you like to use. I would love to hear about them! Share in the comments please!