I decided I wanted to try to embellish some plain glass candle holders. I also wanted to start using burlap to decorate different objects. I had seen a lot of burlap projects on Pinterest that looked fairly easy to complete. I thought this Christmas candle holder would be an easy one to start with. I am all about using what I have on hand, so I looked through all of my silk floral stash to see what I could find. I was lucky enough to find this leaf and apple pick. I think I had bought them at Good Will many years ago.
Here is what I did:
- I heated up my glue gun.
- I cut the burlap to fit around the candle holder the way I wanted it to.
- I hot glued the seam of burlap in the back, making sure no glue showed.
- I positioned my leaf pick to where I wanted it and hot glued it to the burlap.
- Next I glued the apple pick next to the leaf pick.
- Be very careful not to burn yourself!