Red, White, and Pink Valentine’s Mantle

I love the colors that are associated with Valentine’s day.  I was trying to come up with a few simple ways to decorate for Valentine’s day without spending a lot of money or time.  I went with a red, white, and pink Valentine’s mantle.  I decided to use what I have and to use coupons for the rest!  I just love the colors in this turquoise, red, pink, and white yarn wreath I made.

I love pinks and reds which are perfect for Valentine’s.  I already had this cute placemat and the candles.  I made this Valentine printable I made a few days ago.  I have had the frame for a few years.  I like to switch the printable depending on what holiday it is.

I have had this white candle sitting in my craft room for quite a while.  I never knew what to do with it.  I knew I wanted to do something simple.  All I did was take some red ribbon from my ribbon stash and wrap it around the candle.  I then put a small dab of hot glue on the ends of the ribbon.  I found a clip art heart and printed it out, and put another dab of hot glue on the back.  Even though it’s very simple I am happy with it.  I didn’t have to spend any extra money!

I bought this vase at Michael’s with a 50% coupon.  I think it cost around $5.00.  I plan on using it for different holidays and seasons.  I had know idea what I was going to fill it up with, so I took a look around my craft room.  I have tons of silk flowers for making floral wreaths.  I took the stems off a bunch of roses and filled the vase.

This first Corinthians 13 glass plaque was given to me by my husband when we were dating.  It is one of my favorite verses.

I got this candle when I hosted an Uppercase Living party.  I love the decorative letters.

Do you decorate for Valentine’s day?

Comments

1. says

Very nice! I like your colors and the candle! I do decorate for Valentines. Cupids and heart sprinkles on the table. Visiting from Sits. Best Regards, Wendy

2. says

I haven’t decorated for Valentine’s day in forever, but now that my son is getting older, I probably should! :-) I love your idea about putting the flower petals in a glass vase. That was pretty! The switchable picture frame is a good idea too! I just might try that!

I’m visiting you from the SITS Comment Love event. Have a great week!

3. says

Your commode looks fab with Valentine’s Day decorations. We don’t decorate much for any holiday, as our house is already overly decorated. Glad to find your blog through SITS comment marathon.

4. says

So pretty… I love the colors, too, and I like to decorate this way in our bedroom and leave it out all year! Then it’s like Valentine’s Day EVERY DAY! ;) #SITSBlogging #CommentLove

5. says

I love the Love is Kind plaque. One of my fav bible versus. I’m glad to see someone else has a faux mantle. Thanks for sharing.

6. says

Hi Tanya – stopping by from SITS. Sadly, decorating for Valentine’s Day doesn’t get done as I try to create margin for all the other things that need to get done. I love the printable you put in the frame. So cute.

7. says

Stopping by to say hello via this week’s The SITS Girls comment love. Both our name’s start with a T so we ended up in the same group. Your Valentine vignette is truly lovely! ~Thea

8. says

Gorgeous decor. Especially that wreath! You did a fantastic job with that. If we were days away from Valentine’s Day I’d try to make it, but I will definitely pin it for next year. Thanks for sharing your Valentine’s Day decor with us!

9. says

I love the printable! I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day, so I don’t decorate for it either… this year I’ll might wear something red though. :)

10. says

Oh this is so pretty. i love decorating with red and have a red rose wreath that is slowly coming undone. It’d be perfect for a little hurricane vase like that. And maybe I can sneak a little pink into the decor just for Valentine’s day in a house with 4 boys! Lovely to meet you via SITS and going to follow you on Bloglovin and social media!

11. says

I don’t decorate for Valentine’s Day, but I do enjoy looking at what other people do. This is lovely and done on a budget which is awesome!
    Visiting from SITS

12. says

I see how this is a great inspiration picture for Pinterest!! I love how you did everything. Colors are actually yummy looking. Makes you wanna grab some candy!! #SITSblogging.

13. says

it’s funny, i don’t decorate or really do anything special for valentines day myself, but i love to see other people’s decorations, the colors and the sentiment are always eye catching. great job on yours!

14. says

I don’t normally decorate for Valentine’s Day but you’ve given me some great ideas to use some of the things that I already have & had no idea what to do with them & still use them every day, for starters a simple candle that I need to add ribbon to & maybe an embellishment.
    Dropping by from The SITS Girls

15. says

Tanya,

While I love decorating, I don’t decorate for Valentines Day. Your decorations are gorgeous. Love the 1 Corinthians 13 glass plaque.

Stopping by from #SITS